300 gram all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
small pinch of salt
190 gram green apple (diced)
2 teaspoon raisins
2 teaspoon chocolate chips
115 gram butter (or margarine)
100 gram castor sugar
100 gram brown sugar
1 teaspoon essence vanilla
1. Beat the egg, butter and egg until fluffy. Put in vanilla essence.
2. In another bowl, shift flour, baking powder, soda bicarbonat dan cinnamon.
3. Then, put in diced apple, raisins and chocolate chips. Stir well.
TIPS: To make muffins that have fruits in it, make sure you add the diced/sliced fruits into the dry ingredients and mix it well until all the fruits are covered in flour. This will make sure the fruits are distributed evenly in the muffins when baked.
4. Put into the butter mixture and stirr well..
TIPS: In order to make great fluffy muffins, DON’T OVERMIX your dry ingredients and your wet ingredients. After both are mixed, the batter should be lumpy and NOT RUNNY
5. Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin trays. Bake for 15-20minutes or until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
TIPS: Once baked take out from muffin pan as soon as possible, and leave to cool on wire rack. This is to avoid the muffins from getting soggy when cooled.
6. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, cool slightly.
Recipe yields 20 muffins